Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Groupthink: the Lighter Side

An emerging telepathic group consciousness called the Coalition is born...in a prison for murderers and psychos. Does humanity have a future in a world run by a psychotic super-mind?

Table of Contents:

Disclaimer:

All truly great writers do lots of research before writing their stories. This is one of the many reasons why I'm not a great writer. I have no clue if this story even lives in the same neighborhood as reality, I have no clue whatsoever what life is like in jail, and the only thing I know about the FBI is the factual reporting that I've seen in the X-Files.

I chose the name of Attica because I'm lazy and did not feel like coming up with a real name – most people will not recognize the name of a prison aside from Alcatraz, but that has an extremely specific meaning. Attica sort of sounds familiar, but most people can't place it. Or at least I can't. I think it is (or was) in upstate NY. I think it was where some famous prison riots occurred.

As with most of my stories, this one is not ready to be published…even on a web site. Given the glacial pace that I was editing it (e.g., none), I decided that it would be better to post it, and thereby gain the motivation to edit it, then it would be to wait until I had finished editing it.

Please email me with comments like "what the hell were trying to say here?!!" or "this makes no sense at all!" If you read the story first, it would be even better.

Avoid gnomes,

Whatever

http://www.blogger.com/profile/06761685971297189784

No comments: